Sunday, April 08, 2007

I Will Be No One's Spare Tire

Another forty-five minutes of pounding on the cement. Which almost didn't happen.

First, there was the oh-it's-raining excuse. Then, it was the oh-the-ground-is-too-wet excuse. After that came it-is-getting-too-dark and a bit of I-think-I'm-hungry. But most of all, there was the usual big fat I'm-too-lazy-to-move-my-arse excuse, as always.

Then just right at that moment, some little bird buzzed, chirped me up and told me to relax, to chill, and to not think about stuff.

Ironically, I thought I should heed the advice - and so I put on my running shoes almost immediately.

Well, I'm glad I did. I almost forgot I could easily chase after - excuse the pun - some happiness just by getting my lazy arse out on the pavement.

Let me see... I think I'm feeling 56.4% better than I was hours ago.

No comments: