Friday, April 13, 2007

Broken

I don't mind imperfections. I don't mind old, broken down stuff.

If you know me well, you'd know I really don't mind. In fact, if you really know me well, you'd know the older and more imperfect it is, the more I love it.


I love my Doc Marts.

04132007050


But I know a lot of people don't. 'Cos they're so old, so worn, I have to hold the buckles up with safety pins. And I still insist on wearing them. Every other day.

In short, they are so unglam they probably serve only to embarrass anyone in my company.

But like I care.

If I could find a new pair anywhere in this world, I would gladly pay a thousand bucks for them.

Ok, maybe minus one zero.


So it struck me today that I really shouldn't be so bothered about the broken car.

It is still running fine. It still brings me from one destination to the next. So what if it doesn't look perfect anymore?

If I could run around in broken shoes, if I could have even lived with a broken heart for so long, what's a broken car really?

:)

No comments: