Friday, April 06, 2007

FatAuntie

I have an incurable disease : an irrepressible weakness for supermarkets. And kitchenware and D-I-Y stores.

So bad that I find myself always having to restrain myself from walking into one. Well, it's not like I have much business to do in there anyways.

And I feel a tad ashamed to admit, but the more 'atas'-looking the supermarket, the more irresistable I find it.

Sometimes I do succumb to the weakness.

I'd walk into a supermarket, loiter around, and walk out with twenty bucks' worth of stuff-I-want-but-don't-need. Like I'd buy one whole tub of Philadelphia's cream cheese when all I want is to have ONE sesame-bagel-with-cream-cheese, and that same tub seldom gets to meet the twenty other sesame-bagel friends it deserves.

Or, I'd saunter into a hardware store and spend the next half-hour or so browsing through every aisle and shelf, imagining the stuff I could buy if I had a needy kitchen or a broken toilet. And in worse times, I would go home with some 3M stick-on hooks and my Momma would give me a "huh-what-for?" look.

See, I think that's why I enjoyed my HK trip so much.


The weakness is becoming er... stronger.

I don't know if I really need it, but I really really want my own Fatmama pad. :(

No comments: