Monday, October 24, 2005

Yawn. Ouch. Awww. Urrggh.

*Yawn*

I'm sleepy.

I seem to have good undisturbed sleep over the past two nights, but then I think I had also been subconscious throughout. Which isn't really good deep sleep, right?

See, I had to share the tiniest queen-sized bed I'd ever seen with a friend, and surprisingly I was straight as a log even when I woke. No kicking, no tossing, no turning, no flipping over onto my tummy kind of sleep. Totally not me.

Right now, I actually think I'm feeling some body-ache from the 'unnatural' sleeping position I was stuck in for two nights in a row.

Oh, why did I have to share the tiniest queen-sized bed I'd ever seen with a friend?

Well, 'cos there were four of us bunking in one tiny USD55-per-night room. Talk about 'budget trip'.


*Ouch*

My feet are in pain, complete with a couple of not-very-strategically-formed blisters.

Blame it on lack of high-heel 'practice'.

And for a high-heel idiot, I was a little over-ambitious. Eight hours on a pair of three-inch heels. And two of those hours were spent on the dance-floor.

No wonder I'm in pain now.

"You look really great tonight. You should wear like this more often."

Hmm... I think I must look really bad normally then.

Ok. Here goes.

I vow to be a high-heel professional on the dance-floor.


*Awww*

What a sweet beautiful wedding.

As expected, the wedding was held in a grandiose Catholic church and was a pretty elaborate affair. There's a reason why we call the groom, the 'Prince Lil' Doods'.

Pinoy girls are a really beautiful lot (or at least, Lil' Doods' friends sure are pretty). And they dress really glamorous for weddings - long gowns, coiffed hair and meticulously made-up faces. Looking at them, I think we dress really plain at our own Chinese wedding dinners.

Then again, it could have been a glamorous event because it's the Prince's wedding. Ha.

I'm glad I wore my fail-proof black dress. Nothing could go wrong with a great black dress.

Pinoy guys... well, they all dress alike in their traditional barungs. You can't really tell one apart from another.

The dinner reception was a really fun affair. Not at all like our dinners where the couple doesn't seem to get much fun, running around to make sure everything runs on schedule, skipping from table to table taking pictures that no friend seems to see afterward, and, most of all, not getting to enjoy the ten-course dinner themselves.

The couple looked really happy that night. They ate, they went table to table chatting with friends, they got up and kissed everytime someone clanked their cutlery against the glasses, they danced alone on the dance-floor. They drank and made merry.

I know how I want my own wedding to be.

I want me and whoever the man I'd marry to be having fun on our wedding day. Screw all those 'timings' and 'schedules'. Screw all those conventional wedding dinners.

I want a dance-floor. I want a live-band, or at least a DJ. I want a party after the dinner (I've always joked a jam-n-hop after the dinner would be fun).

I want to dance on my own wedding night. I want my groom to hold me tight in his arms and dance swing with me.

Yep. That's how it's going to be.

But first, I gotta find me a groom. And I need to take up swing classes.


*Urrggh*

I made a bad, bad decision. I always seem to anyway, don't I?

I spent a hundred bucks on a new charger and battery for my camera, only to realize my camera is finally cranking up.

My camera, though big and bulky, has served me well. It has given me beautiful pictures for three good years. I'm glad I forsake 'handiness' and 'lightweight' for sturdiness.

Now, I just need a camera. I need one for my trip to Hong Kong.

I think I'm going to get myself a new one tomorrow, before I fly off on Wednesday.

It's going to be an unplanned-for splurge, but I need it.

I hate decisions. Especially if I'm the one having to make them.


*****

"I really like you. I want to see you again."

Sweet. But what do you know about me?

Nothing. Which is probably why you want to see me again.

I rejected a coffee date after the dinner, telling my friends I'm just playing hard-to-get.

But as a friend put it, "Honey, what are you talking about? You're already hard to get! You're in Singapore and he's in the Phillippines!"

Haha... that's quite true.

But really, I just think I'm chicken. I don't know why, but something is just pulling me back.

Maybe I should have.

Maybe I shouldn't have.

I'm a cynic. I'm a pessimist. And I really suck at this game.

Will I ever find a groom to dance with?

No comments: