Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fishball

Mmm... just done with dinner.

A nice bowl of hot fishball 'mee tai mak' soup. My usual fare everytime I come back from a trip and need to satisfy an immediate mega-craving for something hot and soupy.

I'm ok in general with KL food, though it can get a tad too greasy, but I always miss food back home. Nothing beats my fishball soup and Chinatown zhok, at the very least. I am already dreading to think of my meals in Manila (everything is porky and Filipino pork tastes especially porky!) and Hong Kong (so oily and 'jelat'!).

Oh dear. Like that, how am I going to go away in peace if I miss everything back home? Even the food?

Maybe it's all just psychological... maybe I don't really miss anything. Maybe I only think I miss everything.

Maybe I should just stop, or if need be, force myself to stop attaching myself to all things familiar and comfortable.

Like they always say, just get out of your comfort zone, girl.

No comments: