Thursday, October 27, 2005

He Just Stopped

I have a thing for romantic comedies. Somehow, strangely.

Especially when you have one with a quirky pairing like Diane Lane and John Cusack, both charmers in their own rights, you just can't help but to give this a go.

And when the title goes "Must Love Dogs", there you have me captivated.


I watched it on my flight up to HK. And a few times during the movie, I almost cried.

Not that it was touching in any way, but everything that was said and felt by Sarah the divorcee just struck me like a knife pierced right through my heart.

Everything just struck my chord.

I was wanting to cry for myself.


When asked why she divorced at her age, with a long pause and much self-deprecation, she replied:

"He just stopped loving me. I don't know what I did or what I didn't do. He just... stopped."

I almost cried here.

No comments: