Saturday, October 08, 2005

Friday Night

It's Friday night, and many of my friends aren't online.

Hmm. They must all be out having Friday drinks.

"What are you up to tonight?"

"I'm cosying up in my hotel bed in Bangkok tonite."


I'm a little bored, but I am just fine as well lounging in the room, watching TV, reading, surfing the Internet - all at once. How I manage, don't ask.

I'm playing 'Hannibal Lector' again tonight.

I kinda think the mask really looks a little scary.


I see lightning flashes in the sky.

I hope it rains big-time tonight - just so it would stop in the day later when I go out on my weekend retail tour.


*****

I just can't help myself.

I just can't help remembering someone's needs all the time.

I know I shouldn't care anymore, but I just can't help it whenever I shop, picking up things I think he might need and paying for them without giving much of a thought.

Why just can't I stop it, once and for all? What makes me still think I know what he needs? What makes me think my thoughts will be appreciated?

Isn't it already plain clear I'm not needed anymore? That I'm no longer meant to take care of his needs anymore?

Wake up, girl.

"Well... You'll never know one you know."

... ...


*****

A couple I know of are going through an on-off-on-off stage. I'm not even quite sure where they stand now.

Girl likes boy and finally thinks of settling down. Boy likes girl too but doesn't know how to settle down. Frustration, confusion, misunderstanding, pride... and love.

It all sounds too familiar to me.

I like the two of them, individually and together. I hope things work out.

Once, I sent a message on Girl's behalf to Boy - well, not quite since I took her phone before she could really stop me. It surely wasn't a prank; I was just helping her express what had been cooped inside by pride.

Girl: "He sent me an email, saying he was very surprised to receive the 'I miss you' message, and he didn't know how to react."

Good.

At least your boy shows some form of response to your 'I miss you' message.

All I ever got was dead silence and nonchalance.


*****

Good golly. I seem to hearing noises in the room.

And I am also getting hungry again.

I seem to have lots to say tonight.

No comments: