Saturday, October 01, 2005

Packed

I have a packed schedule this weekend. Well, almost.

Which should be good, I suppose.

It started Thursday night with the long-awaited basketball training. Refreshing but my legs are aching now still. Tsk tsk.

Friday night, I had a quiet yet chatty dinner with an 'aunt'. I was almost looking forward to a quiet night at home after dinner. I even popped by Borders to grab a few magazines to keep myself entertained by my nightlamp.

It's been a long time since I did that. Buying magazines, that is. I have stopped buying all magazines ever since I no longer had the need to buy home and interior design magazines.

Boy, that was almost half a year ago.

But before midnight, a message on my cell rendered all my magazines useless for the night after all.

A sweet surprise. I ended up having my craving satisfied at Wala with a girlfriend. A girlfriend with whom I was drinking together for the first time. We've always been just supper-and-kopi buddies.


Speaking of cravings, I have an ongoing insatiable appetite for steamboats and pasta these days.

No matter how much I consume them these days, I seem never to get enough. Hur hur.


I woke up early today to get myself ready for the party. Ten o'clock, by my Saturday standard, is pretty early, ok.

Getting ready, well, really meant getting my daily fix of kopi-o at the coffeeshop before the little man arrived.

I was more excited than the little man, for sure; he had no clue absolutely about the impending fun.

He looked a little overwhelmed when we arrived at the party - all strangers and no Mommy. I was getting worried he might start pining for his Mommy.

It took but a short while before he warmed up and soon charmed all the 'aunties' off their socks.

Rule #1: Being unmarried means I'm usually 'Jie-Jie' to the kids. You're an 'Auntie' only if you're married. No question.

Rule #2: But when I am already 'Gu-Gu' to the little man, all you girls will be elevated to the same 'Auntie' status. No question.

Haha.

I'm glad the little man seemed to have fun at the party full of aunties, all tickled by his sing-song rattling of numerals and taken over by his sweet demeanor.

One is 'Oon!'. Four is 'Por!'. Five is 'Pai!'. And seven is 'Heaven!'. That's my favorite - Seven Heaven.

The little man likes numbers and alphabets than toys. Ain't that lovely?

I love the little man more and more. I hope he likes Gu-Gu too.


There I was, feeding and milking (with the milk bottle) him, changing his diapers, cleaning him up.

"You're really taking to the motherhood thing damn well, aren't you?"

=) That's nice to know. I just can't suppress the motherly instinct in me sometimes, you know.

How I wish...


Tonight, my first birthday celebration.

And probably the only one too.

I'll be so packed, I don't think I'd have time for any more celebrations before I fly off to KL on the big day itself.

Thank God for girlfriends who remember, and who care.


Can't get home too late tonight.

Swim day for my girls at the beach tomorrow morning. We have a date with Auntie Lyn and her four boys.

Oh, and the little man is coming along too! =)

No comments: