Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ant

In the cruel reality now that is your life, I wonder sometimes where I stand.

Amidst all that is going through your mind now, am I even there?

Am I just a pawn in your own little game?

Am I tinier than the tiny ants that run around your kitchen? Even those ants garner your attention when you try to kill them.

What am I, really?


When and how did our world, my universe stop revolving?

Just like Sarah, I'll never know why you stopped.

Just like how you could do so with others, why couldn't you accord the same honesty to me?

Why do I always have to think myself to death?

And just in case you didn't know, I am not any better than I thought I had been.

I am not even good.


There are stuff you've given me that I treat as precious.

But now these very things make me feel a certain sense of guilt, and definitely not a lot of self-worth.

I look at them and I wonder if I'd gotten myself tripped and fallen deeper.

Especially now that I know I am not the only one.


Money.

The things it can do to you when you don't have it.

And the things it can do to others when you do have it.


Good for you. Too bad for me. If I were strong enough to say.

I wish I could be the one to treat you like an ant instead.

No comments: