Monday, March 06, 2006

Lao Goh?

"Wah lau. You're like the best ex-girlfriend I've ever seen lor. Tell you what... why not we be together for one night, then after that I become your ex-boyfriend also..."

Duh.

What a flattering proposition.

*****

I keep finding myself on the receiving end of the wrong kind of attention these days.

... ...

Ok, ok, I keep getting attention from the wrong kind of men these days.

... ...

Ok, fine. I keep getting attention from younger men these days. Way younger.

Which could've been flattering, if you would look at it from another point of view. It could've been, if it had been happening to me at a more different time.

But now, it's just all so wrong. Now, it's just making it more depressing for me.

And I don't think, at this age of mine, I should be indulging in games like these.

I've got "bigger stuff in life" to figure out right now.


Conversation with some really Italian-looking 'Italiano' at Mash'd last night:

Me: So how old are you really?

Him: Make a guess.

Me: Er... 24?

Him: *Shakes head*

Me: Younger?

Him: *Nods head*

Me: 22?

Him: *Shakes head*

Me: *Taking in a gulp* Younger??

Him: *Nods head*

I found out he was only a freakin' twenty-year-old.

At that moment in time, I had only one thing floating in my mind: Gawd, so 'chao lao'.

That polite dude thought I was only twenty-five. It must've been my hip-hop get-up.

Or rather, I'd hoped, my careful skincare regime is finally showing some positive effect.

Or, fuck, it could've just been the very dark and very flattering lighting effect in Phuture.

Whatever it had been, at the very least, he didn't seem put off by the fact I was almost a decade older than he.

That was probably the only gratifying bit of the entire episode.

*****

Yahoo!'d again.

d******c***: how was supper
h*******: supper?
h*******: oh last night
h*******: ok lah
h*******: talk cock all the way
d******c***: you were erally excited you know, when you left
h*******: isit?
h*******: no lah
d******c***: tues, got yoga if you want. wait i go eat butter cake
d******c***: yes, you very excited, your face lit up, your smile damn big lor
h*******: tats bad

Yup, I know what you're talking about, and I may not remember now, but I may have been that excited.

And it's bad. Really, really bad.

No comments: