Saturday, March 25, 2006

Almost

I can just feel it slipping away.


Enough is enough.

I think I've had enough.


I wonder what comes first.

Depression, then addiction? Or the other way round?

I just know it's a vicious cycle.


Pardon me if I seem a little too quiet, a little too pensive these days. A little too far out of reach.

My crappy self has been hibernating. She's just a little too tired, from looking happy while fighting sadness. She comes out these days only upon alcoholic induction, usually in the night-time.

Even I think it's bad.


There's just too much for me to handle now. Complication upon complication upon complication.

And I am beginning to hate drama.

I think I'll be a warrior by the time I overcome all these. A supposedly stronger warrior.

Let me sort through some stuff still knotted up in my mind before I resurface as the stronger woman I'm supposed to be.

I think I'm almost there.


In the meantime, I just can't turn down the invitation tonight.

Nor could I this afternoon.

*****

My Lui Garcia just put the ball in the net in the derby match.

"The man for big occasions," says the commentator.

A hero.

No comments: