Saturday, March 25, 2006

Haha

My 'sailing' aunt is funny.

She sent an email just yesterday to let me know she'd be back for a three-week vacation on Monday.

Surprised was I - we hadn't heard from her for months, and all of a sudden, she's coming home.

I replied to express my pleasant surprise, and to ask if she needed a pick-up from the airport.

*****

Dear Mei,

In Egypt, we cannot plan and let the Egyptian get things done in advance. When we gave a last minute job, they will do it very well. Planned job - they think we "still have time" and later part they totally forget. This is the way of life here. When you are in Rome, do what the Romans do. My flight is departing Cairo via Bahrain on the 27th of March and arriving Spore 08:25 hrs on the March 28th.I have arrange my friend (those with life and do not know where to waste their time) to fetch me from airport. Will see you at home.

*****

Ha ha ha.

I think God sent her home.

I've been thinking of asking if she had a job for me onboard the ship.

Anything. Anything to experience life.

*****

I 'haha' a lot, so it seems.

"You high on drugs or what... why always haha?"

"Hahaha."

No comments: