Monday, March 06, 2006

Atas

"Stupid bitch."

The first cuss words that graced my wonderful week ahead, as some stupid 'tao pok' driver cut mindlessly into my lane at 70 kmph along a busy Bukit Timah road in the early morning, where everyone was rushing to send their 'atas' kids to their 'atas' schools in their 'atas' cars.

I had to brake hard, which got me really irritated.

I blared my horns three times, seven-thirty in the morning.

And then, I did the ultimate 'ah beng/taxi uncle' thing: I sped up, turned and stared at the 'tao pok' driver as I drove past. Good thing I never like sign language on the road.

At times, I am as pissed with women-drivers as the men are. Not that I'm that good a driver. Neither am I a man.

I am just impatient with mindless drivers on the road.

And 'tao poks' should always keep in mind whilst on the road that they are still 'tao poks'. Watch your lanes, watch your speed, and watch your manners.

Urgh.

Do I sound 'atas'?

*****

I was already wondering how the rest of the day/week would turn out.

Then I opened my mailbox to be greeted by an interesting email.

An invitation to work in Shanghai.

A poach, to be more honest.

Hmm... I don't quite like Shanghai. I'd rather suffer Hong Kong.

Still, my opportunities are opening up. Outside.

It's another omen.

No comments: