Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Walked the Line

I think I've underestimated the weather condition here in HK.

With the (very) light jackets I've brought along, I think I'll be just right for the day but I am freezing my ass off when the night chill sets in.

No jeans in my luggage. Only my judo pants and a couple of bottoms that don't cover beyond my knees. Die.

Even the bledy room is like a freezer. A huge freezer, though.

I've turned off the air-conditioning, put on a sweater and I'm still shivering.

Can't wait to jump into bed and snuggle under the duvet.


And the very wise me have made a right decision after all.

So many bledy jackets here, and all on sale!

And I'm fearing I'll end up going home with more than one jacket in my luggage.


I'm going to the races tomorrow! I hope.

I have plans lined up for the rest of the trip. Somehow, I seem to have many more friends here this time round.

I think I'm gonna end up socializing more than working during this trip.


*****

I watched the Johnny Cash movie on my way here.

I am so pathetic these days, I get to watch movies only when I travel on business trips.

My movie invitations never come true. Somehow.


I didn't know how good it would turn out to be.

I was just being obsessed with Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon.

Both actors are so impressive, they sang every single note in that movie. I hope one of them wins a Golden Globe or an Oscar.


Johnny Cash (God bless his soul) quoted.

"You miss a lot of opportunities by making mistakes, but that's part of it: knowing that you're not shut out forever, and that there's a goal you still can reach."

"There is no fence to sit on between Heaven and Hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man."


Johnny Cash wrote and sang too.

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day is through
Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine, I walk the line

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I've known proves that it's right
Because you're mine, I walk the line

You've got a way to keep me on your side
You give me cause for love that I can't hide
For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide
Because you're mine, I walk the line

I did.

I walked the line. I didn't cross none.

Did you?

No comments: