Saturday, February 11, 2006

Jack Spade

I'm such a social recluse.

Ok, not really by choice.

I was supposed to meet up with four different friends during this trip. In the end?

I met none.

Either I was too tired, or there was simply not enough time - not with the amount of work I had to catch up on at nights.

Most of all, the mood was just too slackened to think of travelling out beyond Tsim Sha Tsui.


I have only one group shot from this trip.


Image hosting by Photobucket


That's D-tan, Jackie-O, Rugger-G, and Ah-Yeo-Yeo-Yeo.

My buddies from work, who had to endure this trip with me.

We seldom get to travel together - we come from different functions. So, to an extent, I am quite loving this trip.


I checked out many stores over the past few days, and did all my shopping only today.

At least, this way I made sure I didn't end up making impulse buys.

I am now well-stocked for my Portland trip. Very well-stocked.


But the best buy of all... isn't anything for myself.

I just hope this time round, you won't lose it again.

'You'-things, like 'me'-things, aren't exactly easy to find, y'know.


*****

I had a surprise last night, a startling discovery. Almost a rude shock.

All because I was fooling around with Ah-Yeo-Yeo-Yeo's cell phone at the dinner table.

A couple of pictures I saw in his phone unsettled me a little.

Learning about certain things behind those pictures made me even more uneasy.

As if the world isn't small enough. Why do we all have to be born in this tiny little island, where you just somehow can't run away from some people?

It's just a little disturbing to see how, in another totally different way, you and I are connected again.

If it isn't fate, then I don't know what the heck it is.

No comments: