Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Stark Naked

I'm getting so fed-up at work.

So fed-up, I wrote an email to my teammates at work. Setting my expectations of myself against whatever they have of or against me.

"Being fed-up has got its limits too, u know" was my reply to a fellow mate who has been standing by me.


"If you know me, I advocate openness and respect for everyone in the team." So I wrote at the end.

It wasn't an usual communication, but my personal motto has always been to be open. To be honest.

Brutally honest.

In life. At work. As a friend. Wherever you operate as a human being.

If being brutally honest hurts your pride, I am sorry but I don't wish to let myself down as well.


The fellow office mate wrote to say he respected me for me being open and willing to communicate.

To which, I replied:

"Just an advice from a friend: in life, and not just in work, it pays to be open and to communicate. Many times, friendships fail, relationships break down – all because of pride and of lack of open honest communication.

If you actually try, it's not that hard to admit mistakes, say sorry... and most of all, to tell someone you really love him/her."


In my case, being open broke my relationship down and I lost my best friend.

Any regrets?

Kind of. But at least, I eventually knew.

If I hadn't been open about my feelings, you wouldn't have been either. And I would probably still be living in darkness, and you in hell.

I'm not sorry I asked. I'm just sorry you hadn't been honest with me earlier enough.

We could've saved ourselves so much heartache.


I have no regrets being open.

I will only have regrets shutting my feelings inside of me, letting them all be buried with me in the ground.

No comments: