Monday, February 06, 2006

Made it

I am quite impressed with myself.

I didn't wake up at 5, no. But I woke up at 5.30, ok. =))

As if I really wanted it. Of all days, it had to be a cool, rainy morning today.

Gracie was even too lazy to get out of the bed to say 'goodbye' to her mommy at the door. Bitch.

But I had no qualms about not lying in bed any longer than I'd have loved to. Gan cheong is like that one.


It is nice - once in a while - to get up and hit the road this early.

One, I've always liked the pre-dawn hours. Still dark and cold. You see beginning signs of life and activity on the roads and in the kopitiams.

Two, I don't get stuck in any stupid traffic and I get to the other end of the island in less than half an hour.

Three... no need to pay stupid ERP!

I revel also in the fact that I'm the first one to report for work.

But I also know, the zzz monster will hit me in a while, by the time everyone else is at work.

Which is gonna be pretty soon. Hur hur.


*****

If there is only one thing in the world I need, it's gotta be caffeine.

That stuff goes right up to my brains and pries my eyes open - at the very first sip.

What, oh what will I do without my kopi-o?

No comments: