Monday, February 13, 2006

Cowgirl

Monday morning. Six-thirty in the a.m..

Sitting here on the big couch at Coffee People, sipping on my skinny latte. There's no one else at this gawddamn early hour in the cafe, and the Coffee People guys are playing all these rock-alternative songs to entertain me.

I wish I could just sit here whole morning, and not have to go to work.


I was knocked out last night.

The 18-hour-or-so flight can be summed up in one word: terrible. And I'm not just talking about the food this time.

New as the fleet may be - the new A330s - the seats are horribly uncomfortable. And I'm not the only one with a possibly weird body-construct; all my other colleagues are complaining the same.

I watched some movies with some success, others not quite so.

For instance, I watched 'Elizabethtown' twice. Oh, no - thrice.

The first time, I had to stop because I was arriving at Narita. The second time I tried when I got up the plane again, I thought I would start from the beginning because Orlando Bloom was quite worth the time.

I fell asleep before I could finish the movie - just very near the end, I suppose.

I woke up, got pissed I had missed out the very last bit of the story, and so proceeded to restart the movie. I hit the 'fast-forward' button, waiting to resume where I fell asleep.

And then... I fell asleep again while waiting for the fast-forward.

Woke up, got pissed I had fast-forwarded till the end, restarted the movie again, hit the fast-forward button once more.

And then, I fell asleep once more as the fast-forward ran till the end.

URGH!

Oh, so that makes it FOUR bledy times I've 'watched' Elizabethtown - but I would never know the ending.


We reached Portland before seven Sunday morning, reached the hotel about an hour later, and found out rooms weren't ready till about three in the afternoon.

It got me so pissed.

We had no choice but to spend the rest of our day out. It wasn't much of a big regret, though.


We met up with an ex-colleague who is now working in the headquarters. And she brought us to places I'd never seen before - despite the numerous trips I've made here.

We were about to ask her to change the sight-seeing plans and bring us straight to the outlet malls, when I found out she was intending to bring us to the falls.

Waterfalls.

I love waterfalls. I just feel exhileration everytime I see the drop gushing down, hitting the pool below with gusto.

I picked up my camera immediately and said, "Let's hit the falls."



Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket


Image hosting by Photobucket

I was living on the edge, about to leap into the falls. Not.

Hobbit-sighting at the woods.

Image hosting by Photobucket

My silly colleague thought I would blend in nicely with the woods, and forced this shot on me. Idiot.


Image hosting by Photobucket

Spotted Mount St. Helens on the way back toward town. Beautiful on a clear day.


It's funny how I still think of someone whenever I see nature of such beautiful force right in front of my eyes.

If I could, I wish I could've shared all these beautiful things in life with you.


It was a good thing there wasn't anything much at the outlet malls.

Probably there was, but I was exerting an awful lot of self-control.

Best buy, though?

A pair of cowboy boots. And I mean, cowboy boots.

Image hosting by Photobucket

All for only twenty bucks.

What a kick.

Trying on those boots in the store, I realize why cowboys walk the way they do.

But for twenty bucks, I don't really care.

No comments: