Thursday, February 09, 2006

Waiting

Aiyo. I hate working in hotel rooms because, despite the VPN via broadband access, the speed of download is like t-o-r-t-o-i-s-e s-l-o-w.

And I hate it when my patience is being tested.


So I will write some more while I'm waiting.


I like tuning in to StarWorld in hotel rooms - if there is no decent movie channel.

I like watching all the sitcoms and dramas; it's just that back home in Singapore, I'm usually not home early enough to catch them on TV. I think I watch the most TV when I'm away from home.

This is probably the first time I've actually watched two full episodes of 'The O.C.' and I quite like the young things. Ryan, especially.

I think I have some serious issues here. I never used to craze over celebrities. Except maybe Brad Pitt.

Now? My adoration-turned-affection-turned-obsession for J continues. Haha.

And while I'm still at it, I have finally found my key to J. Hur, I just have to see when I make the actual trip to Taipei.

I said I would find him, didn't I?

Siao cha bor.


From a recent episode of f.r.i.e.n.d.s. I just caught on TV:

Rachel is planning a birthday party for her year-old Emma. The usual gang turns up at Joey's apartment (I think she's attempting a relationship with Joey at this point).

She had made a customized order for a birthday cake: a bunny with Emma's face imposed on it.

But instead, she opens up the box to see a birthday cake made in the shape of a penis - with Emma's face on it.

Rachel: (after yelling over the phone to the cake shop and now whining to her chums) But I wanted a nice bunny cake for Emma. A real cake with icing and nuts sprinkled all over it.

Chandler: (in his deadpan self) Er... well, this cake does have nuts too.

Wahahaha. Funny, right?


I am quite upset, actually.

Because of the silly Portland trip, I am going to miss the most happenin' rock concert that's ever going to take place in Asia so far next weekend.

The Bangkok Rock Fest.

I am going to miss Oasis, Placebo and Franz Ferdinand. A rock-solid two-day concert.

I've got an invitation, but I had to turn it down. With much grouch.

So close, yet so far.


Somehow, everything that matters to me now... all seem so close... yet so far.

No comments: