Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Oversleeper

I should be so damned.

I should just shoot myself in the head. Or, jump into the waters at the Victoria Harbor here in Tsim Sha Tsui.

All because I woke up grossly late this morning. On the first day of the meeting, where almost all are strangers and visitors from the campus.

I walked into the meeting room almost two hours late.

I've already gotten someone to give me a wake-up call tomorrow, and tonight, I'm not sleeping with the curtains drawn.

The first thing on my mind when I woke this morning: how come none of my dear colleagues called to check on me?

And the second thing: it's grossly late, or never.

I chose the former, for pride's sake.

Nothing to be ashamed of - I worked till 3 in the morning and just couldn't hear the darned alarm three hours later.


The meeting's B-O-R-I-N-G.

Urgh. Two more days to go.


No planned dinner, just a quick cocktail session, and it's room service tonight.

I was supposed to go to the races!

Somehow the phonecall never came, and I didn't want to make the call. I thought I'd just leave the two lovebirds to some fun by themselves.

Walked around a little, ogled at more jackets, took the train to Causeway Bay in search of some stuff (in vain, though), and then decided to retire to my room to get some work done again.

I was getting hungry, and I was craving for congee.

Congee that was available only for late-night room service from 11 onwards - and it was only 9.

I couldn't curb my hunger, and tried my luck at half-past-ten.

No regrets, though. =)



Image hosting by Photobucket


Look at that gigantic bowl of 'kai zhok' with three different kinds of eggs: 'ham dan', 'pei dan', and one fresh raw egg thrown in.

Mmm.

It was good only for the first third of the portion. After that, the saltiness just got to me.

I couldn't finish it in the end. And it's only zhok, for goodness' sake.

Now I remember why I hate HK food.


I have a few jackets on my mind now. I just have to make up my mind now which one (or two) to buy. I'd love to, but I cannot afford all.

And a pair of rubber ballet pumps. Yes, rubber like in rubber boots. Very cool. Perfect for the unpredictable weather in Portland, and nowadays Singapore.

And I think I might have found the perfect gift for someone too. =)

No comments: