Thursday, February 23, 2006

Part-timer

It's fifteen minutes to four, and I've just reached home not too long ago. From work.

Yes, yes... I worked the night-shift again tonight. And the morning shift as well.

Dog life? No, I think a dog's life's way better than mine.

Right, Gracie?


This week so far, I have left home for work every morning before the little one wakes up, and gotten home at night after he's been tucked into bed.

To the little one, probably, it makes no difference whether Gu-gu is in town or not. Hur hur.

It would've been a very sad case if he were my own son. Staying under the same roof, yet not seeing each other till the weekend.

For that, I have another good reason to bid the corporate rat-hole adieu.

Then again, not as if I'm planning a kid of my own anytime soon. Still... think long-term planning. Hmm.


I have been tasked to dig out some very old receipts.

Don't ask me why or how, but I find it very amazing as well that one, I still keep these very old receipts, and two, I can actually find them somewhere deep amongst my very messy desk.

This is what they call 'organized chaos'. Or something like that.


My eyes are red and swollen. And very painful.

My itchy hands started rubbing them hard with my towel after my bath, to wake them up.

I don't know what had gotten into them, but I just hope I can sleep them red-eyes away. I don't want to go to work with weird-looking eyes tomorrow.

I have a big presentation tomorrow, which I worked my ass off for today. All eighteen hours of it.

Worse come to worse, I'll just stand on the stage in my uber-cool 'Third Auntie' shades. Hiak.


*****

Sense that I'm sounding better?

Pretty much thanks to two dear chums, whom I spoke with today. Chums whom I always call whenever I need someone to tell me it's ok to think like I do.

Chums who will give me the encouragement I'm looking for.

Chums who think alike, who don't give a fuck for the corporate world.

Chums who would actually tell me, "It's ok to quit and do what you've always wanted to do. If it makes you happier."

Chums I look up to, and always will.


So. By the end of today, I have kinda made up a large part of my mind.

If I don't get to Portland, I'll still quit my job, and be a part-time vet assistant and/or a part-time preschool teacher.

Maybe take part-time courses on preschooling and vet nursing.

Probably get back to my private tuition stints.

I'll be part-time anything, but a full-time corporate jailbird.


*****

Was on Yahoo! Messenger (which I really hate, by the way) with my best friend Lyn.

Lyn: Hubby says stop pretending... always say work late but actually having affair.

Me: Siao ah. I can openly have affair lor.

Haha.

No comments: