Thursday, November 24, 2005

Warped

Yes, I know. Me and my warped ideas.

But hey, I'm not the only one around with such warped thinking. Talk with people around you - a deep heart-to-heart talk especially over beer - and you'll see everyone is warped in one way or another.

It's probably just that no one vocalizes their warped ideas as much as I do.

It's ok. Let me be the one to alleviate your inner fears of being alone in the 'Warped Creature' department.


*****

It's almost Christmas. Again.

I was alone and lonely last Christmas. I wonder how it would be like this year. It doesn't really have to be better, but I just hope it won't be any worse.


It's Christmas time. And out of no wish of mine, I'm going to be incurring a filthy sum of bills this month again. Sigh.

The Ford baby is due for the next servicing. And if I recall correctly, the servicing this time round is going to cost me a bomb because the baby is now a year old and lots of parts would need to be replaced.

Urgh. Like I said, if you can't sustain life, don't get a baby. Even if it's but a car.

My Piper baby has to go to the vet soon again. Her skin is not getting any better and in fact, it seems pinker these days. She scratches and licks herself more these days and I noticed a small lump on her eyelid last night. Totally freaked me out.

Then, there's her special food that I've finally placed a re-order for. I wonder why her special food runs out faster than the usual one. I hope it's just imagination.

The girls need their haircut too. The hair's not that long, but no way am I getting another ticking off from Miss Groomer. Mommy will just have to put off her own trip to Uncle Dean.

Of course, there are the Christmas gifts I have to get. This year, I'm going to scrutinize my list. Darn all those Christmas parties where a wrapped-up box is your entrance ticket.

This year, I'm saving my money and efforts for only the people I really love.

You know who you are.


Christmas.

This year, I'm trying to plan a few treats for myself in the days of December leading up to Christmas. A monthful of 'celebrations'. Perhaps that way, I get less hit by the loneliness during the holiday itself.

But most of all, this Christmas, perhaps I should be finding my way back Home. After all these years.

No comments: