Thursday, November 24, 2005

Rain

They say, that if it was raining on the day you were born, the sky would also be crying for you when you die.

For the past four days during Ah Por's funeral, it had been nothing but rain. Everyday, it would rain so hard, it was actually too chilly at night for a bath.

How 'convenient' the rain was, I thought, just when I had to run around places for errands. Especially so when I had the little man with me.

And then today, it seemed suddenly like we had a drought for weeks. It was so so hot, no one would believe we experienced nothing but bad rain just a day ago.

So it dawned upon me that the sky was indeed crying for Ah Por when she had reached the end of her journey.

But I suppose the theory remains unfounded because I would never know if it was raining on the day Ah Por was born.

No comments: