Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Accept

I am really glad someone dear managed to come by the funeral on his way to work, even for a short while, and hop onto the bus to the crematorium at the very last minute while still in a sleepy stupor the next day.

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. It meant a lot to me.


Though I'm still pining for someone, I've decided perhaps it's better I learn to accept that some things are not meant to be. Just like the way I'm accepting the eventuality of death.

Just like how someone would like me to know.

I may know but I may never really understand.

But maybe that's not important.

I am also beginning to accept that while I still yearn for great love - the kind that transcends everything else and lasts forever, I may never get it in my life. After you've been through what I've gone through, love is no longer such a simple matter.

Just like how life has its end, nothing is forever.

I don't believe it, but I suppose I just have to get it through my thick head and learn to accept it.

I am beginning to learn that some words cannot be trusted. It's perhaps better not to place too much faith on words.

Words are after all one of the cheapest commodities in this world.

It is better to see, and to touch, than to hear.


I am not sure if learning to accept will make my life better, but I've tried other methods that didn't work.

A friend offered kindly, the best way to get over someone is someone else.

Honey, thanks but that's not the way I'd go. Love is not transferable, just like how your country club membership isn't.


I believe I still love someone but I am also beginning to believe he will never be mine.

My life is slowly going up on the climb, I just want to reach the peak sooner.

I believe the stronger I am in sticking to my resolution to accept things, the sooner the pinings will go away - once and for all.

The love? I'm not so sure, but there will always be this special spot for you somewhere in my heart till the day I die, Sweetie.

No comments: