Saturday, November 19, 2005

Uncle Foul-Mouth

Mac didn't go to heaven today after all.

He's waiting for his dad to come home from NY.


*****

Today's the second day of shopping for the little man.

Much much more fruitful today.


Today is also the first time the little man met him.

He, whom I've been wondering if the little man should call 'Shu-shu' or 'Uncle', but who decided upon himself he should be called 'Kor-kor' instead.

No way man. As I've said, when I'm elevated to 'Gu-gu' status, no one else can be 'Kor-kor' or 'Jie-jie' lor.

And stop teaching the little one all those favorite words of yours lor! I'm the one who's gonna get the flak ok.


The shopping destination was Suntec today.

All because I needed to get the little man some baby Nikes. Finally. I'm getting those cute little things for myself, and not as birthday or Christmas presents. Ha.

The little man's outfit for dinner tonight has all been taken care of.

All thanks also to Uncle Foul-Mouth. The little one's gonna get to wear those cute little Osh Kosh B'gosh denim overalls.

OMG. I think he's gonna look a cutie-pie tonight.


It felt a little weird today, the three of us shopping together.

And I didn't quite intend it to be this way. The reason why I had to be buying clothes for the little one is just all too sudden.

I thought we would be spending time at the beach, or having lunch. That's all.

I just wanted the little one to meet him.

But then, after a while, I felt comfortable.

I've always known he can be trusted with kids (except for the part where he was trying to teach him some undesirable new words). Seeing the two of them enjoy each other so much, I didn't have much regret.

For a while, it felt so much... like a family.


What happened this afternoon, seemed to be an episode that was once written in my life but now has been erased.

It seemed to give me a taste of what could have been, but now will never be.

While I was happy the whole afternoon, I was also a little sad at the end of it.


Still, we both enjoyed ourselves.

Thank you for making the little man - and me - happy today.


*****

Time to stop thinking. And time to wake the little man from his nap.

We are running late for the dinner.


It's going to be another wild night.

After the dinner, I'm skipping over to the next party. A birthday celebration for one of my drinking chicks, which culminates in one of the rooms in Swisshotel.

Yeah, which means more drinks in the room into the wee hours of the morning.

Then, tennis and swimming tomorrow.

Oh, please. As if.

No comments: