Monday, November 28, 2005

Unappreciated

I have a job that pays for my superficial life but is driving me insane.

I have friends who eat, drink, make merry with me but never quite understand my woes and desperation deep down.

I have a family who is mildly dysfunctional but has enough crises to deal with without me trying to move out.

I have two dogs who adore me but with whom I cannot afford to spend every moment.

I have a life to live but I don't know how to live it.


I used to think I had once a very blessed life.

I had a man who seemed to be the one made for me.

I had a job that I enjoyed.

I had friends to make merry with because I had no woes for them to share.

I had a family which seemed normal with only grandkids to make it whole.

I had kisses from two loving dogs to run home to every night.

I'm easily satisfied; I had no worries nor qualms about life then.

I felt nothing but pure bliss. I never knew happiness like I did then.

That seemed so long ago, but on hindsight, that was only as recent as eight months ago.


I feel so under-appreciated, if not totally unappreciated.

No one has made me feel blessed for being part of their lives.

If only my dogs could speak and take my woes away.


The work is getting terrible by the day, by the week.

I have never felt appreciated for all I've done in five years.

The only time I ever got heartfelt thanks was for making the show happen two weeks ago.

Maybe that's what I need.

Maybe I need someone to tell me they thank me for the things I've done and for making their lives more meaningful.

Maybe I've just been waking up at 7 for the wrong reasons every morning.

Maybe I've just wasted six years of my life on nothing.


I think my days here are numbered.

But I have no courage to throw in the towel; I don't know where else I could go.

For all the things that are going wrong in my life now, I'm feeling a growing sense of loss and desperation to make at least one thing right.

I'm losing grip of everything I used to have.

Is this even normal?


God, I'm not asking you to make anything right. I'm only asking you to make the week pass by quicker.

No comments: