Sunday, November 06, 2005

Sorry, Gi

I know of a young couple. A young cutesy couple whom I've known together for almost three years.

The boy is only twenty-two. The girl is only all of twenty, going on twenty-one. I've known her for six years, since I've taught her math and science in her Sec Two days.

I know the girl adores me, like the big sister she never had. The boy probably adores me too, because I'm a fun enough adult for them to hang out together with.

What I didn't know was, the young couple adored the couple we used to be as well.

In fact, they held us up high in their respect and aspired their relationship to be just like ours. They wanted their love to be as long-lasting and strong as ours seemed to be.

The day she heard about us, she called him all the way from Melbourne immediately. They were so upset about us. And for us.

It made me sad too, when I heard that.

It made me sad that just when we were unwittingly inspiring someone else, we let their faith down too.


I don't know I am saying this, but I just feel a need to.

To Gi and your Hunny-Bunz, Wee Wee is sorry.

Some things are just out of my control.

Some things are maybe just not meant to be.

I can't fathom this myself as much as I'd like to explain it to you.

Keep yours tight and strong, no matter what happens in your ever-changing lives. And just a small little piece of advice from Wee Wee: don't wait too long to get married, just like we did.

And Wee Wee loves you guys too.

No comments: