Saturday, March 24, 2007

PLOP!

Where I hang out, there are all these little man-built ponds and streams that I've always wanted to walk barefoot in.

I am probably not the only one.


So there was this one time just last week, a tiny toddling 'ang moh kia' wandered his way to the marvellous little pond, right next to which me and Ash-tray were chilling out, and he probably got enchanted by the fish and wanted to keep one for himself.

'Cos the next thing we heard, was a *PLOP!*. And then loud wailing.

With some unreciprocated help from a nearby stranger, the little boy stumbled and climbed his own way out of the shallow pond, while still wailing, and toddled off to find Mom and Dad.

Poor little thing. Must have been a trauma of sorts.


Auntie Fatmama stared in bewilderment and started chuckling.

And all she could manage to say to her companion was, "Good thing he was wearing Crocs."


Don't call me uncompassionate. This is but a silly little story of life.

And I have an almost similar story to tell, except I am already way, way past the cute toddling age. And I wasn't wearing no Crocs. :)

No comments: