Friday, March 30, 2007

"No Nikes"

So I took that familiar road back to my second home this morning, jostling with that familiar traffic that I don't quite miss.

Somehow, everything felt so strangely familiar, like I'd just gone away to Beaverton for a week or something.


There Boss and I were, sitting at the other side of the meeting table this time.

"Ok, same rule applies: No Nikes."

We will dress smart, and we will act smart, I had told Les.


Then I bumped into many familiar figures too. Mostly pleasant ones, thank gawd.

"Wah, so long never see you! What are you doing now? You're looking very good huh!"

"Hi... Yah lor, very long never see... I am not doing anything, I am a tai-tai now... I know, rest so much of course look good lah."

Standard questions, standard answers.


For vanity's sake alone, I suppose I must've made the right decision ten months ago.

No comments: