Sunday, March 18, 2007

Keepin' It

Me and my hair, we have a love-hate relationship.

I love it, but I think it hates me. That explains for all the bad-hair days, when you can't really single out the problem but it just doesn't look quite right altogether.

So when I can't let it down, I pull it up. High ponies, loose ponies, messy buns, even pigtails. And then, there are my trusty caps. I'm running out of ideas.

But I know my hair hurts. And it hates being cooped up by a rubber band the entire day, everyday. So it gets mad at me, and then it misbehaves. And it goes up again.

It's driving me nuts, that damn chicken-or-egg thingy.


Still, I love my hair.

You know those mermaids illustrated in the storybooks we used to read when we were little kids? Mermaids who has scales and tails for a lower body, and who never believe in buying just the top half of a bikini set?

Yeah, they all have long luscious hair, that is always long enough so that when placed strategically in the front, it would always provide just about the right kind of modesty.

Well, I have hair like that now. Okay, just barely but still.

And it took me pains to get here. Not that I had planned to show it off or walk around like I were a mermaid with legs, it was simply just a "specific, measurable goal" I had set to challenge myself 'cos I could never have made it before.

So, no way am I going to chop these locks off.

There's still quite a long way to go before I get to the ass.


So, someone tell me please, is there any other 'impulsive' thing I could do to reboot myself? Other than getting a new hairstyle?!

Maybe an air ticket would be sweet. But very impulsive indeed.

No comments: