Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Me And My Patpong Boy

Ah, yes. My 'nostalgia' button got pushed a little.

I remember Bangkok as it was for us somewhere this time last year. Just like you described.

The little lies we told the rest to get us away on our 'secret escapade'. The clueless forays into the amazing backlanes of Patpong. The heck-care dinner by the road-side. The even more amazing beef noodles. The cheapest Singhas ever. The "Miss, Miss! You want ping-pong show?" harassment (that only I suffered). The 'POLICE' dog-tee I was so proud of, that really wasn't meant for dogs. The vast amounts of sweat beads on your forehead at the tee-shirt stall. The pretty stray dog sitting on the motorbike whom we couldn't resist. The virgin tuk-tuk ride we jumped on, despite our poor haggling skills. The retro pink VW van I wanted to drive away. And us doing the ugly jay-walking Singaporean thing, stuck in the middle of the crazy traffic.

IMG_1047


I'm so sorry you'd have to be alone this year.

We'll have something else to look forward to this year. I promise.

No comments: