Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Yahoo!s

It's bright and sunny again out there!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Standing at the balcony, I could actually feel the sunrays burning my bare shoulders. And what does that tell me? I gotta go out there and grab some Vitamin D!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Work is 'done' for the day. It's so duh. I'm technically free for the rest of the day. But of course, the mistress of procrastination here is not quite done yet... with her presentation slides. Always blaming it on 'lack of creative juices'.

I don't know, but I can't possibly hole up in this room for the rest of the day. Not at least on a bright sunny Portland afternoon. It's still a tad chilly though.


Yahoo! number 1: I don't have to move to the rightful hotel. I get to keep my huge single room after all. Which is very welcoming because I never know when I might need solitude.

Yahoo! number 2: I get free internet access from my huge single room today. I paid US$9.95 for a 24-hour access last night at 10, thinking I would still be able to log on till 10 tonight. What I didn't know was that the 24-hour counts from 'noon to noon', which meant my access ended at lunchtime today. Which is such a cheating system. I enquired, complained, and then simply suggested perhaps they should re-look into the system because I'm pretty sure most blokes would end up like me, paying the same 24-hour access charge for less than 24-hour usage. The next thing I knew, the apologetic front desk officer offered me free usage for the rest of today... till noon tomorrow! Have I got a deal or what? It pays to be nice enough to give constructive suggestions, doesn't it?


Ok, the mood is looking up a little. I'd better run out now, and make sure I work on my slides tonight.

No comments: