Thursday, May 26, 2005

Don't Speak

It's 8 in the morning. My eyes are a little puffy, and I don't think I can go out of my room yet. Though it's time to get out for a good cup of morning latte.

I'll wait a little, exercise my eyes on the monitor for a while, and write again. Hope the writing doesn't puff my eyes further though.

No, my writing didn't. His messages on MSN just did.

What a pairing - a woman who loves too much, and a man who can't bring himself to love.

Sounds too much like what you get out of a movie - *laughs* the irony is, I've always found our love story started on a very dramatic, movie-like beginning. It wasn't the usual "boy-meets-girl-boy-likes-girl-boy-dates-girl-wham!bam! they're-together" kind of story. And I've always like replaying my own drama in my mind because I thought we had gone through all that because of fate, because we were meant to be.

But question is, do dramatic realities with dramatic beginnings really have the same kind of dramatic endings as movies do? Being the romantic-sucker that I am, I do wish so.

I've heard this somewhere: that you can have many big loves and special loves, but great love happens to you only once in your lifetime, and when it happens to you, you'll never forget it and the great love never dies.

And, behind every great love is a great love story. Maybe one day, when I have the courage to, and a reason to, I may pick up a pen (or turn on my computer) and tell you our great love story. And only when I know the ending.


I want to be here for you, and to hold you in my arms again.
But your demons inside are the barrier.
I thought I've been there by your side long enough to be your pillar.
But is it not?
There is no way I can do any harm to you nor hurt you in any way - can't you see?
But you don't trust me, you don't trust that I will only love and expect nothing more.
I don't want to give up on you because I have faith in you.
But if you want me to give up on you, tell me.
I don't want to let you go because I don't believe you're really gone.
But if you want me to let go, tell me again.
I really thought we were meant to be.
But are we really not?


You and me
We used to be together
Everyday together always
I really feel
That I'm losing my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end
It looks as though you're letting go
And if it's real
Well I don't want to know
Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
Our memories
They can be inviting
But some are altogther mighty frightening
As we die
Both you and I
With my head in my hands
I sit and cry
Don't speak
I know just what you're saying
So please stop explaining
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
Don't speak
I know what you're thinking
I don't need your reasons
Don't tell me 'cause it hurts

It's all ending
I gotta stop pretending who we are
You and me
I can see us dying... are we?

No comments: