Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I Saw The Boss

It was rock 'n roll night at the Cavern tonight. If I thought the band last night was great enough, that was because I hadn't seen the rock 'n roll band tonight. The band of 4 tonight was simply... awesome. They came complete with the black-satiny-shirt-leather-pants outfit, long-shaggy-haired wig and of course, the black shades. Oh, and how can I forget the two-inch high black leather boots?

They did Deep Purple and Metallica, amongst others. To the thunderous applause of the thirty-something, predomiantly-Caucasian-Filipina crowd. For a while, I felt a little out of place there, but when I heard those songs, everything else was forgotten. Ihad only to bob my head along to the bass guitar.

The highlights of their performance came whenever they invited a 'special guest' onstage. First, the Boss from New Jersey, Bruce Springsteen, came on and did a couple of hits. Of course, 'Bruce' was really a thirty-something (maybe forty?) guy with a pot-belly, but this guy was amazing. Everything he did onstage was just Bruce. Along with the curly hair, red bandana, white shirt under a blue denim vest. Gawd. After a while, 'Rod Stewart' was invited onstage, and of course, it was that pot-bellied guy again. And yes, it was 'Rod' in his leopard-print jacket and shaggy blond hair. He was just a riot.


Earlier in the night, I took a train to Mong Kok area, and managed to weave my way through Fa Yuen Street and Ladies Street. There were a lot of interesting things to see, and probably buy, but I wasn't interested. I was more caught up with the sheer number of people walking in those streets. It was crazy. They were shopping like it were a Friday night.


The meeting this morning went smoothly, but draggy. I was amazed when the Big Boss told me I was highly thought of in the regional team, when I've been slacking away these past months... Hahaha... don't tell 'em.


I'm so restless. And mixed up. Just living one day at a time.

No comments: