Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Landed: Portland

Flew over 5000 miles in more than 8 hours to get here to Portland from Tokyo. The trip this time really feels different from my many past trips here. I've travelled the same distances, but never felt this faraway from home, from someone. No unpleasant incidents, but somehow it just wasn't a very pleasant flight for me.

It was raining heavily the morning I left Singapore. I wondered if the night was crying for me.

Am sitting here in the airport, writing away from my pbook. I have about 4 hours away to my train ride, and now I have to figure a way to get there. I think I should make it there on time.

I'm not a very organized traveller - I don't like having planned itineraries and then having to make sure I stick to them. I read up travel books, and then having a pretty good idea where I would like to head, start my little adventures. I did the same this time, reading up on Seattle, except I started reading only on the flight here. I have no idea how accessible by foot or public transport cousin Charles' place is, but in my impression, it isn't. Shucks.

Ok, have to go now. Before I miss my train.


I don't know what you have to keep from me, but my heart is crying for you every minute.

No comments: