Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Sleeplessness

Oh. My. Gawd. I can't believe almost half the year has gone past. Where did it go?

I realize that the older you grow, the faster time seems to pass. And then you end up feeling like time passed so fast, you couldn't really grasp hold of the events that had actually happened. Or maybe it's just amnesia slowly creeping in.

Have not been sleeping well at all for especially the past few days. It's been terribly warm at night, and it is usually this time of the year I wish my dad had built some air-conditioning at home. But he didn't. So I survive every hot night for the past decades with only one tiny fan blowing pathetically at me despite working on full speed. But then, there's the stupid resident mossy/mossies who've been visiting me religiously, without fail, every night. My legs are so horribly scarred I swear I would catch and burn every single one of them alive, if I could. But I can't. And so, every night, I sleep with the covers on for an hour, then wake up to throw them aside as it gets too unbearably hot, then wake up another hour later to pull the blankets back on because the mossies start getting their fill on my leggy blood again... and so it goes on and on till the wee hours of the morning.

But I am sure as well that there are perhaps other reasons why I don't get to sleep soundly every night. When your over-reactive mind works overtime everyday, going on thinking and thinking about certain things during your waking hours, it's no wonder they end up being nightmares when you sleep. I am pretty certain that's what's happening to me.

So see, that's why I'm turning to my sleeping potion. Less harmful than pills, more enjoyable than waiting in vain for the zzz monster.

No comments: