Thursday, May 26, 2005

No More Train Rides

The train ride from Portland to Seattle took 4 hours.

The experience was almost like taking an MRT ride - except that it was much slower. It chugged along, complete with the "choo-choot" horns, at such slow speeds that at times, it just came to a complete halt - right in the middle of nowhere. Given my recent bout of impatience, I could've died on that torturous ride, if not for the scenic route. Actually, there wasn't even much of a scenery to rave about; the train rode through deserted, forested wasteland, only passing by some farms once in a while, giving me a good view of... cows.

Cousin Charles picked me up from the train station in Seattle, and fed me a nice home-cooked dinner.

He saw the ring on my finger, and asked, "Mei, are you engaged?!" That very untimely question made my eyes water immediately, but I turned away and mumbled a quick 'no' before the tears could start rolling down.

I had to take another walk outside the house after dinner - I couldn't bear it all. Everything.

It's almost 10.30 at night now, and I should be getting some sleep. But I can't. I have too much things in me to say, but who's here to listen?

I don't know where I'll be going tomorrow, and that's another failure of mine.

No comments: