Monday, May 30, 2005

Boo-boo

Being a rather frequent traveller, I have grown to quite like living out of my suitcase and staying in hotel rooms. Maybe it's because I experience the quiet, solitary living that I cannot get staying with my parents. The independence and freedom too, because I get to come back to the room anytime I want to. I'm getting pretty good at packing and travelling light. I get to earn free mileage on business travel. I get to visit places I might never have the chance to go. I have no grudges at all.

But the one and only pet peeve I have is leaky toiletry bottles. Maybe the small bottles in which the hotels supply complimentary bath and shampoo are not re-usable after all. There is not one trip where I didn't have to take all my bottles out, wash them and clean out the entire toiletry bag. It's almost a like a ritual everytime I check into the room. I can never figure out which bottle leaked, nor can I predict which would. A tip for travellers out there: always use a waterproof toiletry bag, like I do. You'll never know what's gonna leak, and a water-proof toiletry bag makes it so much easier to clean out and it doesn't get stained (stains that soak through non-waterproof bags may also stain your clothes - beware).

Doesn't that sound a little too Martha Stewart?


I made a boo-boo. I have checked into the wrong hotel. Can you even believe that?

We were supposed to stay in this hotel, but because of some rearrangement, we were shifted to another. But I wouldn't have known, because I wasn't exactly able to check all my office mails for the past few days, and I wasn't picked up at the airport by designated transportation. So I just assumed.

No wonder the front desk manager said my name wasn't registered on their list.
No wonder they gave me a huge single room because of it.
No wonder I had no roommate when I'm supposed to have one.

The room is indeed huge, and it even has a tiny little balcony.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
That's Lloyd Center - a humongous shopping mall - right next to the hotel.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And that's a park on the other side. I have a pretty good view from my balcony.

I'm hoping I don't have to move to the rightful hotel, because I have this uncanny feeling my boss is going to make me to. I'll tell him it's gonna be quite dumb because our meeting will be held in this hotel, right here where I'm staying!


I have no creativity juices nor inspiration to start on my presentation.

No comments: