Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Indecisive

Thanks to the man for putting the idea in my head... I've now decided to get the new phone. Silly M1 customer service says I will not be able to use the 3G dual-band phone in the US, even though I have a 3G SIM card.

M1: Sorry ma'am, you cannot use your phone because it's not on the GSM 1900 network.
Me: But I thought 3G is a network by itself? Since I have the SIM card, can't I be using the 3G network in the US?
M1: Yes, it is a network by itself, but you cannot use it because you're not on the GSM 1900 network, ma'am.
me: ??? #$*&^)@

I just don't understand him, but I'm not gonna take chances either.

Bye bye $$$.

Now that's only one decision down.

I have also yet to decide on my transportation mode from Portland to Seattle. And I'm going Seattle like tomorrow. Amtrak? Or redeem a flight ticket with my miles? Amtrak - because I've never taken a train ride my whole life, BUT it would cost me almost 100 bucks, and I have to travel on public transport and my two feet getting from the airport to the train station. Flight - because it's free of charge since I'm redeeming my miles, BUT I hate internal flights on small, shaky planes and I feel like I'm wasting my redempion.

I have also yet to think about what to pack into my suitcase, how many shirts and pants to bring, how many shoes, and what to wear to the wedding. Oh, but good thing, I've already decided what to get as a wedding gift. Thank goodness.

I haven't decided which bag to bring along, because I will be bringing two laptops, and I don't want to be carrying a heavy load as I trek Seattle.

I haven't decided whether to call the housing agent today.

I only have time from 6pm onwards today to:
- Buy my phone
- Buy the wedding gift
- Book the train/air ticket to Seattle and back
- Pack my suitcase

And the pick-up is coming at 3.45am.

This is always happening to me, before my US trips.


And... there are other more important decisions waiting to be made...

No comments: