Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Lost Wit

I am wearing my Favorite Shirt of The Moment again. My best acquisition from the Kong, so far - I love that outlet store anytime.

I call it 'The Pajama'. Self-explanatory.

Just when I needed it, it feels very comforting knowing I can be good ol' sloppy me again. Without giving a damn.


With some new folks I met, I tried to pass off as a 'freelance-writer' - unintentionally. Thanks to a friend who interjected, with all good intention no less, in the midst of my self-introduction.

But thanks also to my intense wit, my acting didn't fail me. "Your answers are so creative, I can see why you're a writer."

Huh! Talk-cock meets talk-cock.

But then, my intense wit also seems to be failing me elsewhere. Which, if proven true, would have realized one of my greatest fears - that I have no more comebacks.

How can that be? Tell me, how can?!

So. Yes, or no?

Maybe yes, I still do - except that maybe also, some people have just irritatingly managed to put me down to my intense-wits' end. Over time.

Irritating.


*****

Yesterday, the Red Shooter and I were down at the Monfort School, trying to cover the badminton story.

Me: Hey, next time we should just take our lunches in the school canteens. Cheeeap cheeeap.
Red Shooter: Yeah, good idea. But will they charge more for adults?
Me: Er... no, I don't think so.


Today, the Red Shooter went on another assignment without me. But obviously I wasn't forgotten when the text came in over the phone.

Red Shooter: Canteen food so cheap!
Me: Baaasket.


Tsk!!! What kind of comeback is that?

Even I am disgusted.

I think I've lost it. =/

No comments: