Monday, February 26, 2007

Back to Life, Back to Reality

After but one short intensive week of festive craziness, I know life is finally spiralling back toward normalcy when...

... after all the pretty dresses and shoes are back into the vault, I have no more reason not to return to my otherwise all-year-round diet of tees/sneakers/caps. Bye bye Pretty, hello Tomboy.

... my sleeping pattern is back to usual, and so are all the disturbances and the nightmares and the sitting-up-at-four-in-the-morning. Already on the first day, I've had it real bad. Rested, but spooked and tired = Not rested.

... I find myself starting to worry about stuff again, and then all the depressing thoughts about life being larger than I can handle start pervading my sea of brain cells again.

... the list of 'online' contacts is looking more decent again, especially with my chicks in full attendance.

... Mom's stopped being sweet and nice, and started all the naggings again.

... I find myself once again waiting for that sweet-sounding chime of my phone.


Life, as I have never been through before. Not even when I was only all of fifteen.

So, this really is it.

No comments: