Friday, February 23, 2007

"A Little Place"

We outdid ourselves this round: eight, out of seven.

The best kind of surprises are always the sweetest ones.

Awesome. :)


Time is never enough.

If we had forty-eight-hour days, we would have double amount of stuff we had to do. We would also have twice as much desires. We might possibly then have two times more happy occasions to cheer over, but also potentially two times more disapointing moments to deal with.

So, the actual amount of time is not a problem. How we live through what we have though is what really matters.

And if we live like we know there is a 'deadline' to our time spent with anyone, if we live like we know we might never get to see a tomorrow together again, the life lived could be much, much sweeter.

Less fights, more hugs. Less 'sorrys', more 'thank yous'. Less tears, more laughter. Less unkindness, more patience.

Less bads, more goods.

And then, when that end comes, there might possibly be much less sadness.

Because, like I've always believed, if we had really lived a life for everyday we had, alone or together, there would be a lot of adventures to experience, a lot of stories to tell.

The best kind of stories are always the sweetest memories you want to keep in the deepest of your pockets - forever.

And here's what I've learned. Always maximize. And always, always laugh together.


I may be a crazy idealist. I may be a hopeless romantic.

I may be a kind fool. I may be a happy-go-lucky ditz.

Whatever. I don't actually want to stop being childlike. Because even if I had wanted to, I just can't.


And so, because of all these, I may have forgotten a lot about sleep but in return, I have collected new stories to tell and I have had much laughter to keep me going.

I've seen more, heard more, learnt more, done more. But most of all, I think I might have remembered how to love again, though in my way.

So why shouldn't I be happy?


I am happy enough to know I have "a little place".

I can't ask for anything.


"So this is it."

Again.

It has been awesome.

No comments: