Thursday, February 08, 2007

難到我真的該當陪酒妹嗎?

Over the past few days...

Me to many friends: No, I have never really thought hard about the banking industry. I don't think I can survive in there.


Over just one pint of Pilsner...

Me to Sasy (with a very no-nonsense furrowed-brow look): I think I should become a night club hostess or something.


Yes of course, there were the expected guffaws all 'round the table. But they didn't deter me from justifying my seemingly crazy outburst.

Seriously. It's a very logical career option for me right now.

One: I am an owl. Daylight seems to zap the spunk outta me. Even kopi-o seems to have lost its eye-opening powers. I am so lifeless by day, yet so restless by night. While most other people call themselves 'early-risers' and find their mornings the most productive time of the day, I call myself a 'late-sleeper' and find myself most alive in the most dead of the night. (If I am owl, then they must be cocks. Hiak.)

Two: I love fun. I love movement. I love laughter. I've always believed I should find all that in my work. Numbers and excel spreadsheets depress me. So do black suits and Braun Buffel document bags.

Three: I'm pretty good with the drinks. Maybe I ought to finally put that to good use, and earn me some big fat tips. $$$$$

Four: I am female, I have long hair, I can manja if I want to, I can look twenty-two if I really want to. That's already skewing down to a very small competitive sector in the job market out there.

Five: No prior relevant experience is necessarily required. I think.

So, why not?

I just don't know how and where to start. Maybe I need some referral.

And maybe I do need to invest in a tight, mini-cheongsam this new year after all.


*****

"... i know it can get quite bitchy one... who knows? maybe i survive best as a bitch myself..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ever considered being a door bitch at en lounge?