Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bust

Hey Big Guy.

You ought to know, I've been trying real hard to smile and laugh everyday.

But much as I am struggling to stay positive about life, You just have to sneak in and mess me around, don't You?

Like me getting stranded in the middle of a quiet neighborhood with a ruptured tire at three in the morning.

Nah, I am not angry with You. Neither am I angry with myself nor with anyone else.

That is why the 'sorrys' came easily. I wasn't flustered, I wasn't perspiring. I was even making pathetic jabs at cracking some jokes, though I probably failed.

But yes, I was a little upset.

Like a little girl who just needed someone to give her a hug and say, "It's only a stupid punctured tire, hunny. And maybe forty bucks less from your wallet. But you're doing awesome on your own, hunny."

And then, I would have just started laughing again and replied, "Yeah, we'll be alright tomorrow."


No one was there to give me a hug, no one said I was doing awesome last night.

No one, but I wasn't alone, 'cos I knew the Big Guy was looking down at me to see how I was holding up. And I really do think I did awesome on my own last night. And I did say I'd be alright today.

See... I am good. I have already started laughing.

We'll be alright today. Promise.


Now... I gotta get that stupid punctured tire fixed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was Paul there?