Tuesday, September 18, 2007

On The First Day Of...

The Chinese celebrate fifteen days of the Lunar New Year. The English celebrate twelve days of Christmas.

And your awesome Fatmama here is going to beat them all.

I have decided today, that I am going to celebrate eighteen days of my Mid-Life Day. And of course, in a different twist as well, it shall commence as of today.

Eighteen days sound like a whopping party, but hey, only once in every thirty years, I think I can pardon myself.

Back at home, I might have eighteen friends (yes, I am pretty sure at least eighteen of my MSN friends would) to make merry with on that one day. But here, if I can't have eighteen friends, I will find eighteen MEs. One for each day.

Sounds awesome, doesn't it?

Then again, eighteen days really aren't a lot. If you'd consider my eleven days of non-stop working in Boreston in the midst of The Celebration, you would feel very cheated on my behalf, wouldn't you?

So I am really left with seven days. Only seven freakin' days. Thank God I will have my very last day of The Celebration back here in the Honks.

Hmm. Seven days... seven days. One for each sin, how about that?

Mmmm... let's see.


Greed: I could go shopping and pick up as much freebies as I can from the cosmetic counters.

Sloth: I could just do nothing by not getting out of bed. That's gotta be a weekend, though.

Wrath: This is tough. Should I go around killing stupid people? That's actually not tough, hmm.

Envy: Another tough one. Maybe I could go to the beach, get a tan, and ogle at the beautiful bodies. That's another weekend trip, and I don't think I have enough.

Pride: Hmm. Go facial? Put on my best dress? Wear heels? Pretend I am some B-grade actress (which I think, with my excellent Oscar-deserving acting skills, I can easily pull off because they are apparently everywhere) and make a scene in a restaurant?

Gluttony: No need to think, this one. I could very possibly self-combust without having to get past the Hellgates.

Lust: *Zip*


Sigh.

I think I will just settle for seven days of gluttony. And a day of karaoke.

No comments: