Sunday, September 30, 2007

Deprived

I hope somebody does notice that I haven't posted any picture of any food since I got here.

Well, that could be because I lost quite a bit of appetite over the past few days. But definitely, it's because THERE'S NO FOOD WORTH TAKING PICTURES OF HERE.

Whoever marvels at cold sandwiches and tortilla wraps and burgers and roast beef cuts and green leaves and weird-looking pasta salads?

Nobody thinks about food here. They only care whether the food comes free.


It took me two hours just to get my dinner plate of turkey breast and steak cuts (the salads and potatoes had run out, but as if I cared) at the closing party last night. All because me and Hiro-san refused to join the endless queue at the buffet table (yes, a buffet that comprised of only turkey, beef, potatoes and salad).

Queueing is so unglam. For food, or for anything.

As my French boss said it, "Nobody ever has to queue for food. Especially on a Friday night."

I was put to shame because I didn't stick to my principles. But at least, I didn't go hungry.

No comments: