Thursday, August 02, 2007

Unpacked

In thirty-six short hours, I have eaten one sweet Mom-cooked meal, met up with nine folks from four different parts of my life for lunch/dinner/drinks/la-kopi/supper, done some (more) shopping for the fatpad, and settled some bank matters.

All, but finished packing. The one most important mission for this trip, and for which I now have only twenty-four hours left.

I still have to meet Miss Agent in the morning to settle car matters and to buy her lunch, get my stupid mobile phone line back, and do yet more shopping 'cos Mom has promised to buy me that uber-super-duper electric hot pot as a housewarming gift. In the meantime, she has also kindly donated one awesome piece from her ridiculous collection of irons. Yes, irons, that piece of equipment you use to press your clothes.

For the uninitiated, lousy irons really suck and make your life worse off.

*****

Pa is making me sell the car. I can't decide if I should heave a sigh of relief, or if I should really weep. But I suppose, I should really do the smarter thing.


Ma is having a cold war with me. We fought over my next home leave.

She doesn't want me to come home in November.

Fine. Whatever.

This is absurd.

*****

The one thing I am probably never going to enjoy in Hong Kong is the late-night la-kopi session at 24-hour kopitiams.

Not to mention, the kopi-o itself.

No more "Hello? Eh, Adam's? Ok, see you in 15".

*****

I really love Singaporean babes lor.

: )

No comments: