Sunday, August 19, 2007

Pleased

I'd say I was a very happy girl yesterday.


For one, I finally have the other half of my life here in the Honks.


IMG_2288

Then, I dragged my arse out for some lousy yu dan mai fun lunch and was cussing myself for settling for crappy food when just about a couple hundred steps away from my apartment, I stumbled upon this rusty little store manned by two grumpy old folks which I would've usually ignored, if not for something that caught my eye.

I finally found my clothes rack, all for only a hundred Honks dollars. : )

For all the search around the island, it was there right outside my doorstep! It didn't come exactly like this, it was way taller. I made the grumpy old man saw it into half.


IMG_2290

And most of all, the real reason why I was really happy yesterday.


Photo0137

Finally. I feel whole again.

Well, almost.


So my new friend from the work place, let's just call him T-Rex, offered to bring me along to his pick-up games. And trainings. I was exhilarated about the former, but not too sure about the latter.

But there was initially a small problem.

Me: Er... but I have to confess something first.
T-Rex: What?
Me: I couldn't find any basketball shoes in Boston, so now I only have my er... LeBrons.
T-Rex: (whispering) It's ok. I have something to confess too... I wear them as well.

We turned up at the courts yesterday, looking like nothing representative of the brand that feeds us. 'Cept maybe for the socks.

Oh, and it came back to me. That I do have a thing for guys with slim, almost hairless legs.


So, housewives have their own toys too, okay.

Which I really wouldn't have known if I hadn't been a self-made one.


IMG_2295

I am thinking of those soups my mom always cooked for me. Mmmmm.

And I am also thinking, how come everyone likes to give shower gels/creams/scrubs and candles as Christmas gifts?

I think I might have enough to last me till the next one.


IMG_2298

No comments: