Friday, August 31, 2007

Things I Love

A simple yet earnest suggestion from a friend while we were chilling al fresco in the twilight, sipping non-alcoholic Starbucks and sparkling lemonade, looking out at the pier, prompted me to work on this.


I love…

Dancing like no one else is watching, at home and especially in the middle of the dance floor of Zouk/Velvet. Snuggling under a down duvet in a very cold room. The touch of cotton against my bare skin. Smelling good. When someone sneaks up, gives me an unexpected whiff around the neck/hair, then tells me, "You smell really good". A man who smells good. Baby baths, only J&J’s and only the original and the milk bath ones. Good hair days. Dean, my hairstylist, or any other good-ass hairstylist though I haven’t found him yet. Flushed cheeks and rosy lips. Lip balms, plain and tinted ones. Diamonds and pearls. A good watch. Walking in high heels, and even more so, dancing in them. The smell of leather. Finally finding a bag or a pair of shoes that scream ME. Finding a dress that actually fits. Black. White. Brown. Green. Blue. Grey. Stripes. Polkadots. Colors and patterns. Running, and knowing I beat my last timing. The look of surprises on the dudes’ faces when I outscore them on the courts. How my cheeks flush with color and warmth after a hard run/game. The tiny mice in my arms. Toned muscles. Slim, almost hairless legs – not necessarily mine. Men who wear jeans right. Laughing out really loud. People who make me laugh all the time. Crappy corny jokes. Witty one-liners and smart-ass wisecracks. Pai kias, and how they talk/swear… LOVE. Role-playing. Pretending I am a writer. All things Macintosh. Muji, and all things Japanese. Pretending I can speak Korean. All things alcoholic. Beef – medium-rare ribeye, grilled on a stone plate, fresh in Pho Bo, stir-fried with ginger, beef sukiyaki, beef carpaccio, anything. Salmon and fish fat that melts in your mouth. Dark chocolates. Granola. Honey. Soy anything – soy milk, soy lattes, tofu. Fresh chillies. Eating sprees. Driving manual cars. Jay Chou. Fatboy Slim. Pixar films – my favorite is Monsters Inc.. The sea. Travelling. Sitting at cafes. Discovering free wi-fi. Chatting with the folks who serve me my food/drink. Being cuddled to sleep. Chatting on the phone while in bed. Long conversations that I find hard to end. Surprises, of any sort. Feeling loved. Being missed. Babies. Dogs. Piper, to bits. My nephew, and how he loves me. My chicks. And someone else.

1 comment:

tazie said...

wow. i liked this. :)