Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fatmama Tour

IMG_2381

So Fatmama has been on her China tour and back. Guangzhou to Shanghai to Shenzhen, to be precise.


There's nothing really much memorable about Guangz, except I really kinda disliked it. Thanks, in part, to the stories of pickpockets and snatch thieves who cut off little fingers while going for the cell phones. I left my little sparklies in my wallet all the time as a result, and I practically walked around with my left wrist stuck inside the bag all the time. Damn bo ji.

But the one biggest peeve that really got to me was the toilet.

IMG_2334

They all looked exactly like this. Bloody must squat all the way down. And, no toilet paper.


So let's just move on to Shang. Which I actually love.

Maybe because of the toilets. No need to squat all the way down, hallelujah to the Fatknees! And... there's actually toilet paper. In every cubicle.

IMG_2371IMG_2372


I last came to Shang three years ago. And I remember I loved it even then, despite the lack of proper toilet facilities.

I loved the quirkiness of the city, how the old mixed with the new.

I knew there must have been great changes to the city since then, but I was hoping the quirkiness remains.

Indeed, it does.

IMG_2362IMG_2382IMG_2384IMG_2385IMG_2387IMG_2374


I finally had a pool to swim in. I had some four hours' worth of lymphatic drainage massage, the authenticity of which was in question, but it was still damn shiok nonetheless. And I had an awesome room in the Regent, though I couldn't figure out what I would do with a bathroom like that.

IMG_2360

Still, for the first time in my life, I actually missed home while on the road. My own Phadhome, that is. : )


I was pretty well-fed too, the Chinese way.

Photo0154Photo0156

And that's chai po neng for you.


I am not sure now. Tokyo, or Shanghai, next.

No comments: